Noncardio workout journal

Feature and enhancement requests.
dochylle

Noncardio workout journal

Post by dochylle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Hey,

Would it at all be possible to expand this to a complete workout journal. At the moment Rubitrack seems to be the best program for logging cardio and GPS data, but there is no program combining this with other workouts.

I alternate between kettlebells, crossfit, olympic weightlifting, swimming/triathlon, climbing or what ever else I feel like.

At the moment there doesn't appear to exist a program where I can log this in one journal except for blog like formats.

What I want is a journal with Rubitracks functionality for other WOs as well.

Features could be

Add exercise types to the standard list (eg Kettlebells, Crossfit WOD etc)
Add drills per exercise (eg Kettlebell snatches, Cleans, Jerks etc)
These should be in a database for quick reuse, then weight etc can be manually added
Add weight (per drill)
Add reps and sets
log training duration

perhaps add pulse data, with/without GPS

Add bloglike entry as comment

Then one should be able to make statistics on the different parameters, just like with the cardio data, eg.
total training time per exercise/period
Total Time under tension, total tonnage per workout
Graph-like or table-like chart of all WOs of specific type to follow progress, strength increase, reps increase @ same weight

Then of course the equipment data just like with GPS equipment

Oh by the way, could it be ready by early february :lol:

dochylle

Re: Noncardio workout journal

Post by dochylle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Update:

Essentialy I am talking about the same functionality as Weightmania (http://www.weightmania.com/index.html), except Rubitrack has a much nicer interface and look&feel, plus as mentioned the GPS functionality

kevinrohrbach

Post by kevinrohrbach » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:47 pm

I would like to second this feature request.

There are workout modalities other than cardio training and the Mac is – sadly – missing a tool to manage them.

I'm currently just writing my workouts into the notes field but that a) feels hacked b) lacks analysis capabilities and c) looks horrible in the list view, i.e. I can't even see the full workout there.

Something like dochylle requested would be wonderful!
After all, even if one's aspirations lie solely within cardio performance, one should maintain some kind of strength routine to remain healthy.

chauska

Post by chauska » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 am

+1 from me. As with @dochylle, I am as active as I can be, but vary greatly in activities. It would be great to track progress over specific weightlifting activities. I know this can be done with tags, but that can be clumsy to manipulate.